Return to Castle Greyhawk
Class (level): Cleric of Zagyg 9th
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Experience: 93,600 (earn +4%)
Cash: 0gp, 0sp
Languages: Common, Halfling
- Str: [-2] 7
- Dex: [-1] 9
- Con: [+0] 11
- Int: [-1] 9
- Wis: [+2] 14
- Cha: [+1] 12
Hit Points: (9d8+1) = 39
Damage Reduction: DR 3/- vs. light piercing weapons
Fortification: 25% immunity to Critical Hits or Sneak Attacks
AC: 14 (1 size, -1 Dex, 3 armor, 1 deflection)
Attack: +5 melee, +6 ranged
- BAB: +6
- CMB: +3
- Greatclub: +6/1 melee
- Damage: 1d8-1 damage, x2 Crit
- Greatclub: +6/1 melee
- Fort: +7
- Ref: +4
- Will: +9
- +2 vs. Fear
- +4 vs. Compulsion
- Movement: 20 ft.
- Initiative: -1
Skill Points: 9
- All Simple Weapons
- Light Armor
- Medium Armor
- Acrobatics (0 ranks): +1
- Climb (0 ranks): +0
- Diplomacy (3 rank): +9
- Heal (3 rank): +9
- Knowledge [religion] (3 rank): +5
- Perception (0 ranks): +4
- Stealth (0 ranks): +3
Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
Benefit: You add an additional +2d6 to any form of healing you generate yourself (extraordinary abilities, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities).
Benefit: You receive a +4 bonus on Will saves against compulsion effects.
The Mad God’s Blessing
Prerequisites: Must worship Zagyg
Effect: You are mad, but in addition to the normal debilitating effects of madness Zagyg has granted you a variant with some benefits. When you select this feat, choose one of the following insanities to suffer from:
- Schizophrenia: When you fail your Will save under stress you are only confused for one round. In addition, your warped visions are sometimes prophetic in nature: you can use augury once per day as a spell-like ability.
In Glorious Madness
Prerequisites: Worshiping a deity with the Madness Domain
Benefit: You gain a +5 divine bonus to a single Intimidate check per day. If you have 10 or more ranks in Intimidate, the bonus increases to +10. If you use this bonus while using the Intimidating Glare rage power, your divine bonus increases by an additional +2.
Benefit: The frantic bustle of the city has honed your reactions — you gain a +1 bonus on Reflex saves. You gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks.
Caretaker [Faith Trait]
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Heal checks, and Heal is always a class skill for you.
Lucid Dreamer [Magic Trait]
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (planes) checks and a +2 trait bonus on Will saves against effects on your dreaming mind or subconscious, such as a night hag’s dream haunting ability, the nightmare spell, and illusions of the phantasm subschool.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Halflings are nimble and strong-willed, but their small stature makes them weaker than other races.
- Small: Halflings are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Halflings have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Fearless: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by halfling luck.
- Halfling Luck: Halflings receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Keen Senses: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Sure-Footed: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Halflings are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word “halfling” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Halflings begin play speaking Common and Halfling. Halflings with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Goblin.
- Spells: save DC 12 + spell level, Caster level 9th
- 0th: 4/day
- Prepared: Askew Balance, Cleanse of Alcohol, Detect Magic, Mishap
- 1st level: 5/day + 1 Domain
- Prepared: Bless Water, Calling the Flock Home, Comprehend Languages, Entropic Shield, Haze of Dreams, Swallow Your Fear
- 2nd level: 5/day + 1 Domain
- Prepared: Admonishing Ray, Augury, Lesser Restoration, Pilfering Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Voice of the Gods
- 3rd level: 3/day + 1 Domain
- Prepared: Curse of Chaos, Helping Hand, Prayer, Rage
- 4th level: 2/day + 1 Domain
- Prepared: Divination, Imbue with Spell Ability, Sending
- 5th level: 1/day + 1 Domain
- Prepared: Raise Dead, Telepathic Bond
Orisons: Clerics can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Cleric under “Spells per day.” These spells are treated like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again.
Spontaneous Casting: A neutral cleric of a good deity can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).
Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells: A cleric can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity’s (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaotic, evil, good, and lawful descriptors in their spell descriptions.
Channel Positive Energy (Su): Regardless of alignment, any cleric can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of her faith through her holy (or unholy) symbol. This energy can be used to cause or heal damage, depending on the type of energy channeled and the creatures targeted. A neutral cleric who worships a good deity channels positive energy and can choose to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures.
Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 5d6 points of damage. Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save (DC 15) to halve the damage. Creatures healed by channel energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier (4/day). This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect.
A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.
- Granted Powers: You are a scholar and a sage of legends. In addition, you treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.
- Lore Keeper (Sp): You can touch a creature to learn about its abilities and weaknesses. With a successful touch attack, you gain information as if you made the appropriate Knowledge skill check with a result equal to 26.
- Read Minds (Su): At 8th level, you can broaden your mental spectrum to encompass those around you. Doing so allows you to read the mind of every creature within 30 feet as if you had cast detect thoughts. This ability allows you to read the surface thoughts of any creature that you are aware of after only 1 round of concentration. Creatures in this area are allowed a Will save (DC 16) to negate the effect. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level (9 rounds). These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Domain Spells: 1st—comprehend languages, 2nd—detect thoughts, 3rd—seek thoughts, 4th—divination, 5th—telepathic bond, 6th—find the path, 7th—legend lore, 8th—mind blank, 9th—foresight.
- Granted Powers: You embrace the madness that lurks deep in your heart, and can unleash it to drive your foes insane or to sacrifice certain abilities to hone others.
- Insane Focus (Su): You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, granting it a +4 bonus on all saving throws made against mind-affecting effects and immunity to confusion. This bonus lasts for 1 minute. If the creature fails a saving throw against a mind-affecting effect during this period, it loses its immunity to confusion and is immediately confused for one round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (9/day).
- Aura of Madness (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of madness for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level (9 rounds). Enemies within this aura are affected by confusion unless they make a Will save (DC 16). The confusion effect ends immediately when the creature leaves the area or the aura expires. Creatures that succeed on their saving throw are immune to this aura for 24 hours. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Domain Spells: 1st—lesser confusion, 2nd—touch of idiocy, 3rd—rage, 4th—moonstruck, 5th—nightmare, 6th—phantasmal web, 7th—insanity, 8th—scintillating pattern, 9th—weird.
Encumberance: X lbs. (Light Load)
- Carrying Capacity:
- Light Load: 0-60 lbs.
- Medium Load: 61-120 lbs.
- Heavy Load: 121-180 lbs.
- Courtier’s Outfit
- +1 Spell-Storing Greatclub (with Owl’s Curse)
- Silver Holy Symbol of Zagyg (with Symbol of Insanity)
- +2 Light Fortification Quilted Cloth Armor
- Ring of Animal Friendship
- Ring of Protection +1
- Cape of the Mountebank
- Scroll of Animate Objects
- Scroll of Raise Dead
- Scroll of Insect Plague
- Scroll of Air Walk
- Scroll of Freedom of Movement
- Scroll of Cat’s Grace
- Scroll of Enthrall