Return to Castle Greyhawk
Rumors about the ruins are rampant in the City of Greyhawk and beyond. The truth or falsehood of these rumors is left undefined as they often have elements of both.
- The War Tower holds tons of gold for the taking if you can only defeat the undead army which guards it.
- The Power Tower has been plundered fully and contains little of value.
- Great magical items have been removed from the Power Tower.
- The Tower of Zagig spells death to all who enter and is powerfully cursed.
- The dwarven tax collectors would be a push over in melee.
- Zagig once held nine powerful demigods captive in the Tower of Zagig. Only Iuz escaped.
- Zagig still exists and observes all that occurs occurs within the Power Tower.
- Zagig, The Black One of the Vale of the Mage, Leomund, Melf, and Serten, all powerful archmages and rivals to the circle of eight, watch the comings and goings of the Power Tower They call themselves the “Ring of Five”.
- There is a great underworld host beneath the ruins.
- There are shrines to both Boccob and Nerull within the ruins.
- A great black obelisk of unlimited magical abilities rests deep within the ruins. It grants
wishes to any who ask.
- Without a magical blade, combat within the ruins is suicide.
- There are several secret passages deep under ground connecting the three towers.
- Bandits ambush those who survive the depths.
- There is a terrible curse upon the ruins which is worse than any treasure warrants.
- Zagig’s famed War Wagon and escort of eight chariots are lost in the ruins, but have been seen hunting down and slaying any who plunder the War Tower.
- Zagig’s very body exists within the depths of the tower of his name.
- There are round teleportals in the Tower of Magic which separate members from one another.
- You can purchase magic items from a sect of clerics in the Power Tower.
- It is dangerous to use magic within the Power Tower.